open floor plan....what's your style?
Our bungalow is an open floor plan and it is all new to me. If you are considering an open floor plan in your home here are a few of my thoughts.
- I love having a place for everything that I see when I walk through the door. All the beauty that I have accumulated throughout the years right there!
- I enjoy seeing my family and knowing what my kiddos are up to. It helps this mama out and the kids have no idea I am on mama watch when they are on their ipads.
- When I am cooking I get to look out past the living room into the outdoors with our big windows. Even though our space is small, it feels bigger with all the natural light we get.
- If you want privacy with an open floor plan, you must go to your bedroom to get that convenience. Depending on how you look at it, it can be a positive or negative.....I choose positive folks!
- Sometimes it can look like clutter if everything is out, the kids are playing and I am cooking. I have to remember that this is LIVING! So, I think it is more neat-o than not.
- I love color and seeing it in one big space makes me happy.
- I get to see my kiddos a lot, and as a mama who has struggled with infertility what a blessing it is!
My thoughts on bungalow living and an open floor plan. It has been such a fun challenge and I am grateful everyday we get to live like this for now!
Enjoy your day lovelies.